This research initiatives are performed with the full collaboration of numerous research institutes across Europe.
- Atlantic bluefin tuna: After an initial collaboration with IFREMER (France), the current extension of the habitat over the North Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico is performed within an international collaboration of scientific experts from Mexico, the USA, Canada, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Greece, Turkey and Denmark.
- Tropical tunas species: IRD - France, AZTI and IEO - Spain
- European Hake: MEDITS scientific community - Italy: COISPA, SIBM-Genova University, CIBM, UNICA, Rome University, CNR-IAMC, Bari University. France: IFREMER. Spain: IEO. Malta: MRRA. Greece: IMBC, HCMR.
- Fin whale: Italy: TETHYS, ISPRA, CETUS, CIMA Foundation. France: ÉcoOcéan, GIS3M, GREC, Souffleurs d'Écume, WWF-France, La Rochelle University, IFREMER. Spain: ALNITAK, CIRCÉ. Switzerland: Swiss Cetacean Society. International: NATO-NURC.
- Mesozooplankton: Marine Biological Association (UK), IFREMER (France), Lille University/University of Cote d'Opale (France).
- Blue shark: The collaboration is global with currently expert scientists of the species ecology from Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Canada, USA, Mexico, Brazil, New Zealand, Australia and UK and Regional Fisheries Management Organizations (ICCAT, IATTC, IOTC).
- Ocean Productivity available to Fish (OPFish): The collaboration is European with experts in the fields of satellite remote sensing, fish ecology, fisheries population dynamics, ecosystem modelling and fisheries economy from Italy, France, UK, Spain, Denmark, Greece and Germany.